Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre  by Charlotte Bronte

     This week I read Jane Eyre. This book is written about a woman's life. This main character is Jane Eyre. When she was a child, she was an orphan, so she lived in her aunt house with the Reed family. The Reed family hated her, so she was sent to the school for orphans. After she had been at the school for about eight years, she found work as a governess. Then, she met Mr Rochester, her future husband.
     I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: ' "I knew when I first saw you that you would help me one day. Your eyes and your smile told me. '(p.23). It is the scene that Jane and Mr Rochester fall in love. Jane heard Grace Poole's laugh at the night, and she told that Mr Rochester. This is a fact after reading all, Grace Poole was his wife. But she was mad and  tried to kill him. I sympathized her a little because she was forced to marry unwanted and she was abandoned by Mr Rochester. The second one is: ' So you, and Diana, and Mary are my cousin? '(p.57). It is the scene that Jane knew people had helped her were her cousin. She was very happy because she had thought that she had no family. I like this scene. I want to say her "I'm happy for you!". The third one is: ' "It is my Jane, isn't it?" "Yes, sir, it is. I'm back at last." '(p.66). It is the scene that Jane and Mr Rochester met again. I moved their love. They were married at last. I like this scene too.
     I recommend this book. It is not only love story but her life. I want to live my life like Jane. She is a perfect woman. Please read it !

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Ireland by Tim Vicary

The House by the sea

The Ironing Man