Love in the Lakes

Love in the Lakes  by Penny Hancock

     This week I read Love in the Lakes. It is a love story. This main character is Laura. She has planned to go to the beautiful lake district of England with her new boyfriend Nick for a short holiday. But her neighbour Joseph had a heart attack, so she had to take care of his dog Kip. She took Kip to her and her boyfriend's trip. However, Nick didn't like to take the dog and gave her cold shoulder. When Kip ate rat poison, she visited a vet. The vet who treated Kip was Robert. They are attracted to each other gradually.
     I like this story because it was realistic of the character's feeling. I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: "It was nearly one o'clock when she stopped outside a small building. 'Veterinary Surgery' was written clearly above it."(p.22). This scene is when she took Kip to Robert. It was their first contact. I like Robert because he was so kind and treated Kip in spite of midnight. The second one is: "'But...but what will Maggie say?' she asked."(p.79). Laura has thought Robert and his receptionist Maggie was dating. I was happy because they could solve their misunderstanding. The third one is:"'You can kiss me now,' he said. And the sun lit up their faces as they kissed."(p.80). Robert felt happy for the first time in two years.
     I recommend this book. It was a little long story. I took about two hours to finish reading. But it was so interesting and it worth reading.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Ireland by Tim Vicary

The House by the sea

The Ironing Man