ANNA

ANNA KARENINA  by LEO TOLSTOY

     This week I read ANNA KARENINA. This is a love story. The main character is Anna Karenina. She married to the dull, cold Karenin in nineteenth-century St Petersburg. She fell in love with a handsome young solider, Vronsky. She was happy at first, but one thing troubled her.
     I wrote down two quotes and will discuss them. The first one is:"Dolly sat down and said, 'I am thinking of the children, Stiva, and I would do anything in the world for them. But I don't know what is best for them - whether I should take them away or leave them with a father who is immoral. How can we live together after what's happened? " (p.3). It is the scene when Dolly knew her husband Oblonsky cheated her. She was deep in sad. I thought he didn't think deeply about realistic and important things, so he was crazy about loves. The second one is:'The new feeling that I have now has not changed me; I shall still go on as before. But every minute of my life now, my whole life, is no longer meaningless as it was previously, but has a positive goodness of meaning which I have the power to give it.' (p.98). Levin was married Kity. He thought people should live for other people and God.
     It was hard for me to read and understand. Many character appeared in this story. I want to try it again when I became a sophomore.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Ireland by Tim Vicary

The House by the sea

The Ironing Man