Pocket Money

Then the photographer wanted to give Biff some money.
"It's a reward for saving my camera," she said.
Biff said she couldn't take the money.
"I'm just pleased you got your camera back safely," she said.
I read "Pocket Money".
This book's main character is Biff.
One day, her dad said that Biff and her brothers can get a pocket money if they did lots of jobs to be done likes helping cook, washing up and laying table.
She tried to do all jobs instead of her brothers in order to get more money.
But her dad wanted his children to share the jobs.
Another day, Biff found a photographer's camera which seems to be scolded by the waves.
She saved it, so the photographer thanks and tried to give her some money.
But she turned down.
It taught me I should not act only for money.
It was interesting.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Ireland by Tim Vicary

The House by the sea

The Ironing Man